Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It–Clipboards

This week, I made scrapbook clipboards. Since this is my first time making these, perhaps I can get some pointers from the experts.
Before beginning this project, here’s what I needed.
IMAG0703 Dollar Tree – $1.00 each & I love the clips at the top. Easy to hang on a wall or just slip them inside the board to hide them.
IMAG0705
Scrapbook Paper, Mod Podge, Writing Instrument, Brushes & Scissors
NEXT:
Make a template of your clipboard & trace onto the scrapbook paper of your choice. I used this graphing sheet to help with the measurements.
IMAG0708
Then, flip the scrapbook paper over, trace template onto the back of the sheet and cut out. I used scissors. If you want straighter edges, use a paper cutter.
IMAG0709
THEN:
Spread Mod Podge liberally onto your clipboard. Apply the scrapbook paper and smooth out. A paint scraper tool or old credit card will help work out any bubbles between the clipboard and the scrapbook paper. Apply Mod Podge liberally over the top of the scrapbook paper using smooth hand strokes. Allow to dry 20 minutes. Use at least 2 to 4 coats on top of the scrapbook paper.
IMAG0710
FINALLY:
Peel any dried excess off using a razor blade. Next, apply acrylic sealer. This will help your clipboard last longer. By the way, these clipboards are longer than 12 inches. Therefore, I just centered the sheet. If you like more perfection, just layer pieces of scrap to cover the entire board.
IMAG0713
TOTAL COST $10
Hope you enjoyed my Monday Made It project!
Terena
If you haven’t already signed in as a follower, be sure to join to receive more future project ideas.
Be sure to link up now. Click the picture below.



4 comments:

  1. Your clipboards came out so nice! I know mine need a makeover because I have had them for years and students have wrote on them. I might try your technique or maybe I'll just spray paint them...
    Modern Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love how your used more than one style paper to do that. I really need to do something with mine - they are so old. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have that same scrapbook paper pack... maybe I'll give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your clipboards. I am still working on finishing my class set. 25......yikes!! What was I thinking. I am your newest follower. I would love for you to check out my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete