Friday, January 10, 2014

Martin Luther King Jr. Resources

With only a short time left until we honor Martin Luther King, I have put together a few resources. You may have already seen these but if not, you will probably find them helpful. If you already know about them, pass them along to an educator who may not know of them.
I love BrainPopJr.com
To access any of the videos, you must be a member. However, if you’re not a member, Brainpop always has free videos of the week. Be sure to check it out during this holiday as the movie is usually FREE! BrainPop.com also has a video only it’s geared for second and up. However, I always find it helpful to watch for myself before teaching the mini unit.
MLK BrainPop
Next, I love Nat Geo!
You can find real pictures of MLK, the house he lived in, etc. Check it out my clicking on the picture below. To make your lessons seem more realistic to your little ones, using real pictures always makes an impression.
Nat Geo MLK
If you haven’t already signed up for Scholastic information, they send out great ideas every month. You can access Scholastic printables and other information pertaining to MLK at this site. Again, click on the picture below.
scholastic MLK
Finally, I love these books. They are rated at the top 10 MLK books to read. You can read about each one just by clicking on the picture below.
Last of all, here are some great primary art projects I found on Pinterest via the search bar. If you found other great art projects, leave a message and link here at my blog for others to see.
How cute are these!
MLK1
MLK2
MLK3
MLK4
MLK5
MLK6
MLK7
And, don’t forget about this fun experiment!
MLK8
Hope you found these helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment