Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Workin’ It Wednesday!

What are you workin’ on today?

So, excited to finally be working on my new Calendar Cards with 10’s frames combinations to 10. It’s been a long awaited project of mine.

workin on it wed 10s frames

 

Each year, a friend of mine makes tens frames with a marker and places these on her calendar each day. She asks the students the following questions.

1. How many dots do you see?

2. How many are missing?

3. What type of frame is this? Yes, a ten frame.

4. If there are 3 dots how many more are needed to make 10?

5. If this is a 10 frame and there are 3 dots, how many are missing?

6. What combination of 3 do you see? {3+0, 1+2, 2+3, etc}

And so forth….

I’ve always done this but at a different time of the day. Now, I can incorporate it into my calendar time and be more efficient with it pre-made. Plus, I hate spending extra time copying frames and using crayola markers to fill them in each day!

I’ll be adding this product to my TeachersPayTeachers.com (TPT) store soon! If you are not a follower, you’ll want to be sure to sign up here on my blog as well as TPT to find out when this product will be posted. I’ll also be giving it away on my Facebook account too.

workin on it wednesday pic

Don’t forget to link up to Kindergals blog too!

Click the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment