Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to School Organization #3–Bulletin Boards

This time of the year I always enjoy browsing the bulletin board options at the school supply stores or online. It’s nice to refresh what I have every now and then. But, storing everything sometimes becomes a problem.
I love those expensive bulletin board storage pockets as seen below. You can purchase these for about $15.00 each. I don’t know about you but I like my sets to be organized by themes. So for me, I’d need about 15 of these at a cost of $200 plus.



And then there are less expensive options like these classroom storage keepers. And, even though they are less, they are also more bulky and tend to get heavy!



So, what do I do? I make my own storage pockets! The best part… FREE!
FIRST – Get 36 X 24 manila tag board. I got mine at my school.



NEXT – Fold the tag board in half. It should now measure 24 inches across the fold and 18 inches across the sides.

THEN – Staple along the sides. Decorate and label the top near the opening.

Now you have large storage pockets to store all of your die cuts, bulletin board items, or anything flat. I have “artist’s” drawers so I lay all my storage pockets down in thematic order of when I teach during the year. If you don’t have artist’s drawers then you can easily stand them up in a closet.

How do you store your bulletin board items? I’d love to hear new ideas.

Terena

1 comment:

  1. Really, I am impressed from this post. The person who create this post is truly great. Thanks for sharing this with us. I found this informative and interesting blog so I think its very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    Best regards,

    Bernard Zherge
    nulled Forum Boards

    ReplyDelete